I started this blog because I wanted a distraction and it was a very good one and I fell in love with coming up with ideas on posts,writing them,taking the pictures etc but recently I feel like everything is just too much including the blog. I've decided to take a break from the blog and with a fresh mind I'm going to decided whether to delete it or not. I don't regret starting the blog,at all, but I think I just need a break from it at the moment.
Thank you all so much for the views and comments and I absolutely love writing the posts. This probably sounds dumb but I just wanted to put it out there so you knew what was happening.
I hope you have a nice day,much love
Tuesday, 15 April 2014
Bohemian or Boho is a type of style that I adore so I've just done a post on what a few key items are to get the boho look. I was inspired by this year's Coachella which is full of boho and I apologize in advance for the amount of times I say boho.
I've always loved bohemian clothing and it may be because I have a love for prints but I've only wore floral prints and other prints which are a huge part of the boho chic style. I love boho because a lot of items are just me for example the prints and maxi skirts/dresses and I just tend to like the style. Boho is full of prints,dress,lace and it's a Spring/Summer style
The music festival,Coachella, is absolutely amazing for boho outfits and if you want to look at some outfits/street style from the music festival a link is here.Everyone always goes for the bohemian look. It happens every year and this year's gone and went a couple of days ago and it seemed amazing. My boho inspiration has to be Vanessa Hudgens not only does she rock it at Coachella she always does it when she's snapped. She's definitely worth looking up if you like bohemian style clothing and outfits.
I've just put together a bunch of general items that I think are important if you want to be well on your way to the boho look and it's in time for Spring.
(1) Cardigans-Coming out of winter you see cardigans take to the racks and I think lace cardigans add to the boho effect. Lace in general is good for this style but cardigans I think are nice to wear on top of dresses and shorts.Long cardigans are also a trend at the moment however I don't think they're as boho as the short lace ones. You can find the cardigan in the picture here.
(2) Kimonos- I've been wanting a kimono since last year but I've not found one that I adore. Many kimonos have prints,lace or tassels on them and they are really big in spring and can easily be found. Boohoo and H&M have nice ones in this year at good prices. Kimonos are easy to style,for example on top of jeans and shorts,they're casual. You can find the kimono in the picture here.
(3) Flower Headbands- There were so many floral headbands at Coachella because they're just so cute. They look nice when your hair is down. There is a big range which is good because you can get small flower ones and also larger flower ones.They are a good accessory if you want achieve this look. You can find the flower headband in the picture here.
(4) Maxi dresses- I've always loved maxi dresses but I couldn't find one that I loved and this is definitely in the boho look. The maxi dresses with prints or floral prints tend to look more boho chic and they look realy nice with necklaces,sandals and hat. You can find the maxi dress in the picture here.
(5) Maxi skirts-There are so many nice printed boho styled maxi skirts and they are easy to find. The store New Look are amazing for boho styled ones and I'm looking to buy one from there but the last time when I brought a maxi skirt it didn't suit me as much as I loved them but I'm going to try again. I think they are easy to style,I would style mine with sandals,cardigan,necklace and a simple top. You can find the skirt in the picture here.
(6) Long Necklaces-Some people may say that long necklaces aren't a key item but I think they are because they do add to the boho style, for example with a maxi skirt. I wear a headscarf so there is no point for me to buy normal necklaces so I buy long ones or someone suggested to me that I could get long chains and replace it with the smaller chain and they are always loads around. Forever 21 do amazing jewellery and New Look do nice long necklaces. Urban Outfitters also do lovely jewellery but they are more expensive.The necklaces in the picture are sold out.
(7) Oversized sunglasses- It may not be obvious from the picture but oversized sunglasses are good to get the boho look even though you may not think so. If you imagine someone wearing a hat with a maxi dress and sandals then add oversized sunglasses it looks more boho,well I think it does when I imagine it. The sunglasses in the picture are sold out.
(8) Hats- These are a really key item because in spring,hats are everywhere. They're are different styles of hats. For the boho look I think they're are two types of hats that suit the look and they are,fedora hats and floppy hats. If you don't know what they look like there is a link to a floppy hat here and a fedora hat here. Personally I prefer the floppy hats but they both look nice if you want to go for the boho look.You can find the fedora hat in the picture here.
(9) Lace shorts- As I said before lace is always big in spring so lace shorts are another key item if you wear shorts. Shorts in general are nice for spring but lace ones are good for a boho look. Denim shorts are also good for the style. The shorts in the picture are sold out.
(10) Sandals- They are different types of sandals but the ones,I think,that suit the boho look more are the gladiator style ones and if you don't know what they are a link to one is here. You can also get knee high ones,flats ones and ankle length ones. You can buy the find the sandals in the picture from here and here.
I had no more space in the picture but ankle boots are also good for the boho style but you have to be careful because some could look cowgirl-y and side bags are also nice. A longer post today but I hope this has helped in some sort of way if you want to get more of a boho look. I love bohemian chic as the next person so I can't wait to buy some of these items.Thank you for reading and I hope you liked it,comment below if you want anymore links or anything else.
- Shameela XO
Friday, 11 April 2014
Even though I love Kendall Jenner I can not find any flaws in Kylie Jenner's style,it is perfect. Kylie's style is like rocker chic and daring but she pulls of everything. She is so fashionable and pretty at the age of 16, I can only hope I will be too.You can tell she has found her a basic ground for her style. She has her own sense of style but it overlaps with her sister's,Kendall.
I'm just going to show you a few of my favourites outfits from her street style.
Seriously,for me,her fashion is flawless. I think she's a risk taker when it comes to her fashion,I think she is daring because many items you wouldn't put together but she has and has pulled it of amazingly. I love too many of her outfits to talk about them all so I'm just going to point some key points out.
She loves her coats,boots and ripped jeans. She wears her items differently like for example a long coat,she wears it one time with the leather and then one time with a dress (as seen in the last collage). She also has the Chanel Chelsea boots that are literally to die for,I want them so badly. She's also not afraid to change it up like from rocker boots to heels and ripped jeans to floral shorts. I think now she is getting known more for her style than her family's name. She's not afraid wearing all black on a hot day,she's amazing.
I really think she is a fashion inspiration to a lot of girls and I think she's a good one too,she's definitely one of mine. Anyway that's all for this week.
- Shameela XO
Sunday, 6 April 2014
Firstly I'm sorry for my lack of posts it's just been hectic recently and I've been more into my polyvore more than anything. I haven't done any Fashionista Friday's for the past weeks but hopefully that will carry on and I'm planning more posts.
Anyway as you know it's spring so I decided to put some sets together,that I made on my polyvore,that include the new spring stock from various stores and just outfits for spring.
Spring style sets:
There's a lot of mixture of dark colours and light colours but that's how I dress in spring. There a few prints but there are not as bright as summer ones.
Lately I've been using a lot of pastels in my sets but I don't wear pastels but I adore the pastel coloured Zara mini city bag,the link to them is here,I prefer the blue pastel one. I also like the pastel coloured coats but I think the pink ones are more liked when it comes to the coats.
There a few skirts/shorts up there but for spring you can add tights or leggings.Long cardigans have been popping up a lot in store and online and I want one but I don't want one to swallow me up. Spring outfits I love because everyone is coming out of dark colours from winter,but I tend to stay there, and you start to see the change of colours.
Anyway it was just a quick post today,you can follow my polyvore for more of my sets. I hope you have a nice day.
- Shameela XO
Friday, 21 March 2014
This week is Zina from Fashion Vibe. I couldn't find much information about her and I think she's done it on purpose so sorry about that. Anyway the link to her fashion blog is here.
Like a lot of fashion bloggers her style is always up to date. Her style I think is quite quirky but simple at the same time. I haven't been keeping a close eye on here blog recently but I always love when her outfits pop up on my feed. She has over 30k+ followers on bloglovin' and has been doing various events.
Without even realising I've been using some of her items in my polyvore sets and have been making similar outfits which is weird. I really do love a lot of her outfits and if you like them I suggest checking out her blog
Her shoes I think have to be the her best aspect. If you look she has the top range of shoes,Balenciaga shoes,Zara boots,cut out boots,knee high boots etc... I love these shoes even though they might not to be everyone's taste.She puts outfits together that may look weird not on but she works is so well. You can tell she likes her coats but because these are her recent outfits it may just be because of the winter season.
I love too many of her outfits so I won't bore you that much talking about them all. Her first outfit in the first collage has to be in the top for many reasons but I did this first on my polyvore and then when I saw it on her blog I screamed because she made it real. She's like my polyvore sets in the flesh and she also did it again with the outfit in the second collage,the second picture. She also has the best range of sun/glasses and she uses them in a lot of her outfits.
If you want to see my sets the link is here. That's all for this week.
- Much Love
- Shameela XO
Tuesday, 18 March 2014
As you know it's Spring,well officially anyway in few days, so that means some new colours and prints. Even though I could wear black all the time I've convinced me self to get so more coloured clothes for this year's Spring/Summer.
I've just put together a group of items to inspire my new buys for Spring and hopefully give you some ideas as well. Most of these are printed,no surprise there, but I think prints are good for spring because they're not too light for summer but not too dark for winter and they always have something going on.
As you can see a lot of prints. These are only a few items out of all the new Spring collection but they are the ones that I've been using more on my polyvore.
There's a lot of skirts up there but I found with these that when it's not as hot enough for you to wear a skirt by itself you can wear a long coat and tights with boots and you won't freeze and it would look cute. These skirts are either from Topshop or Zara but if you want a link to any of these just comment below.
A lot more jumpsuits take to the rack in the Summer so you'll get more or a variety then however if you have one already,or if you've bought want recently,you can easily wear them in Spring with a leather/biker jacket and some boots or flats. Topshop did an amazing printed jumpsuit last Summer but it sold out just when I was about to buy it so that was annoying.
The printed blue and white blouse on the top row is from Tosphop and I just want this because it's just me. I love it and when I came across it on polyvore I just used it so much in my sets. I think this is perfect for spring because the colours aren't too dark and if you wear another solid colour it will tone the print down. Kimonos are always big in the Spring because of their floral prints and the fact you can wear them as outwear. The ones on the top row are my favourites.
I won't blabber on anymore. The link to my polyvore is here and includes all these items and more.
- Much Love
- Shameela XO
Friday, 14 March 2014
One of my top street style crushes this week,besides being known for her famous family Kendall Jenner's style is by far one of my favourites. Her style is amazing,she's beautiful and her legs go on forever...let me please be her.
Kendall's style has definitely developed during her teenager years,like everyone's,but I think she's found what she likes and what suits her. You can tell Kendall likes her Celine bags because she styles her black mini luggage tote one (the one I adore) very well and she also has some other Celine ones. She's recently modelled for Channel at fashion week which boosted her modelling career massively and she's been hanging out with the top models (sad face goes here.)
It was hard to narrow down to 15 outfits but I've managed to do it. Her really casual outfits just work so well like she basically puts her jeans on and a top and her Balenciaga shoes,which I also want, and it looks like she's walked out of Vouge.
Her street style:
See,she's just amazing. In the last collage starting from left to right the outfit with the ripped jeans is literally perfection this has to be one of her most liked outfits,the amount of times this outfit was on my tumblr was unreal.
Most of the outfits are fairly recent so you can tell she is definitely staying with the latest fashion trends. On the second collage the last outfit (from left to right) was what she wore at the airport and it's just on point. I also think because she's quite famous she always has to make sure she's wearing a good outfit and her casual ones are so nice. In the first collage the third outfit is very unique I had to admit I didn't like it at first but then it grew on me and I love it.
She also uses her Givenchy bag a lot as well as her Celine mini one. She also has these leather boots that she wears a lot the ones in the second collage (starting from left to right) in the third and fourth outfit which I love but I haven't found out their name.
I absolutely love Kendall Jenner,she's my favourite out of the Kardashian/Jenner family and I hope you enjoyed this week's FF.
- Much Love
- Shameela XO